Tuesday, September 24, 2002

NY Press "Best of 2002" issue ... "Best Harassment of an
Arab in the Wake of 9/11"



You have to scroll down a ways to read it, so I included it here.

"He's a nice guy who doesn't want any trouble, so we won't name names. But we'll take a polygraph if anybody questions this story's truthfulness:

It's two weeks after the World Trade Center massacre, and we're visiting our favorite pita place in the former shadows of the WTC. Maybe we're gullible enough to think that we're showing support for a local Arab-American. We ask if he's had any kind of harassment.

"There was this one woman," he explained, "who came in from The New York Times. She kept telling me that she understood if I hated America. I finally told her not to come back until she wanted to write about my business."

Article Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Ad Here